Wenge is a beautiful African species of wood, with very hardwearing properties to compliment the stunning natural colour.
This project was a mix of two aspects, restoration and installing of new wenge to join seamlessly to the existing wenge.
Our client previously had two levels of floor as you can see in the below pictures, we sourced the wenge to suit the exact thickness width and grade of the existing wenge.
We removed the existing wenge, took out the existing suspended floor and created our own suspended floor to match the level exactly to the existing one for a flat seamless finish.
We achieved an amazing finish once sanded and oiled with a special thin oil specifically produced for the wenge species as the wood is very dense
1. Removal of existing wenge
2. Installation of new level suspended floor
3. Creating an insertion for the new wenge to fit perfectly into the existing wenge
4. Installing of new wenge in line with existing wenge
5. Sanding of entire area including filling and fine buffing
6. application of Osmo extra thin oil for the best possible finish.
See more of our work